Local Sports Partnerships
Local Sports Partnership's (LSP's) are recognised by Sport Ireland as an excellent mechanism for delivering recreational sports to the local people in the community they are based. They facilitate national governing bodies (NGB's) in the implementation of long term sports programmes.
Role of LSPs
- Club Development
- Volunteer Training
- Enhanced planning of sport at local level
- Local directories of sports bodies & facilities
- School, club, community & NGB links
- Increased levels of local participation, especially specfifc target groups or in disadvantaged communities
Benefits for a link with your club
- Education- LSP's can provide clubs with opportunities to upskill their coaches, in terms of Badminton qualifications & safeguarding & disability inclusion courses
- Exposure- LSP's may be helpful in promoting your club& encouraging people to join
- Shared Facilities- LSP's & clubs can agree to share facilities for training, etc.
- Roll-out of programmes- LSP's aid Badminton Ireland in launching new initiatives in their counties e.g. 2018 Badminton Schools Programme