Olympic Council of Ireland
The Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI) is a fully autonomous organisation as well as the representative body for all Olympic national sports federations in Ireland. The OCI works to encourage the development of high performance sport and is committed to taking action against discrimination of any kind.
The Olympic Council of Ireland’s mission is to manage and enhance the performance of Team Ireland at Olympic Games, while also developing the Olympic Movement in Ireland by providing Team Ireland with the most effective, athlete-centred, and performance-driven operational planning and management at each Olympiad. Badminton Ireland’s high performance athletes obtain direct benefits from funding and developmental assistance of the OCI.
The OCI, as the National Olympic Committee, and under the Olympic Charter, aims:
- To propagate the fundamental principles of Olympism.
- To encourage the development of high performance sport.
- To help in the training of sports administrators.
- To fight against doping.
- To preserve the autonomy of the NOC and resist pressure including political, religious, and economic.
- To formulate opinions and convey to the IOC.