In June, Sport Ireland welcomed an announcement from Ministers Shane Ross and Brendan Griffin that there was going to be €70 million of new funding for National Governing Bodies of Sport, Local Sports Partnerships and sports clubs in response to COVID-19.
The funding announcement specified that:
- Funding up to €40 million would go towards the three main field sport organisations - the FAI, the GAA and the IRFU
- a Resilience Fund of up to €10 million will go towards supporting National Governing Bodies of Sport
- a Sports Club Resilience Fund of up to €15 million would go towards supporting sports club
- a Sports Restart and Renewal Fund of up to €15 million
All applications need to be sent to Badminton Ireland as the clubs National Governing Body (NGB).
To apply for the Sports Club Resilience Fund, clubs MUST:
- Be affiliated with their NGB
- They must be able to demonstrate that they are in need of assistance to avoid closing
- They must be in good standing with their NGB
Badminton Ireland would strongly recommend that all clubs who wish to apply for this fund once it is made available should begin to put appropriate documentation together. If your club should require any assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org when the funding applications become available. Badminton Ireland expect that applications will be open from the end of July but a further announcement will be made.
For further information on Sport Ireland's announcement please click here.
If clubs wish to register their interest for this funding opportunity, please click the button below.