Ireland is recruiting a Head Doubles Coach. Badminton Ireland is recruiting a Badminton
Ireland Head Doubles Coach for the senior players and transition junior players
Deadline: 24th of January
Schedule Start Date: February 2022
Reports Too: High Performance Director
The position is full-time. The position will be based at the national training centre, National Indoor arena, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
The Head Doubles Coach is responsible for the implementation of the management plan in accordance with the goals established by Badminton Ireland.
Badminton Ireland is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual with a proven record in achieving results at international badminton tournaments. The Head Doubles Coach is expected to have the experience and expertise in leading a world-class badminton high performance program and to excel in communication with a base of players, coaches, and the organization. The Head Doubles Coach position requires strong leadership qualities and the ability to foster collaboration teamwork, as well as cultivating productive working relationships to achieve positive outcomes.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Be a driving force in developing Irish elite badminton.
- In collaboration with the high-performance team (led by the HP director), establish, agree, and deliver the strategic and annual operational plans with measurable outcomes for elite players and transition Junior players.
- Responsibility for identified national talent group players, including selection, prepare training plans, tournament plans and activities.
- To train/coach the doubles group players on a daily basis in a high-quality training environment so they can perform at their best level at the European Championships, World Championships, Olympic Games and other international tournaments.
- Monitor the progress of each individual player towards their goals and targets.
- Improve the technical, tactical, and physical aspects of high-performance coaching.
- Undertake talent identification of players
- Coach elite and national squad players at events in Ireland and abroad as required.
- Collaborate with junior national coaches.
- Report to High Performance Director in accordance with established procedures.
- Continuous development of the National centre concepts and infrastructure.
- Coach education international certification
- Documented CV with experience of developing junior and elite doubles players in training to international top level.
- Experience of implementing training plans in a high-performance setting.
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills not only in his/her area of technical expertise but also in the management of the group working environment with athletes and other coaches, administrators and supporting staff.
- Proven ability as a strong and effective communicator. Fluent in English, orally and in writing.
- Professional competence and methodological expertise in high-performance badminton.
- Team player, who has a desire to work and collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to create a motivating and developing training environment.
Other Desired Skills
- Elite level knowledge of competing in World Doubles/Mixed Doubles (World ranking top 50 level)
- Sparring level (International level sparring)
For more information contact:
David McGill Chief Executive - firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +353 1 839 3028
If you are interested in further information or to be considered as coach at the national centre in Dublin, you are invited to send an application with a detailed CV and salary claim.
Deadline for application is the Janaury the 24th.
Send the application to David McGill, Chief Executive Badminton Ireland, by e-mail: