Postponed National Events moved into new season
Monday 29 June 2020
The Badminton Ireland National Events Committee met on 18th June 2020 to discuss the postponed national events between March 2020 and May 2020. The committee agreed on a new calendar which has subsequently been approved by the Badminton Ireland board of directors.
Agreed dates for National Events postponed in 2020:
- All Ireland Juvenile Inter County Finals - 10th October 2020
- All-Ireland Senior Inter County Finals - 11th October 2020**
- All-Ireland Inter Provincials - 24th & 25th October 2020
- Grade B,E &H Nationals (up to and including Quarter Finals) - 7th November 2020
- All-Ireland Inter League Finals - 8th November 2020**
- Graded Finals (including B,E&H Semi-Finals) - 22nd November
**Qualification for events to be completed before event can take place. Leinster Badminton have withdrawn from competition
Venues for the events are still to be confirmed and will be updated on the Badminton Ireland website accordingly. If any of the above events cannot be fulfilled, then the event will not be postponed further and will be cancelled.
All events in the new calendar are being constantly reviewed. Players are advised if they are looking to book hotels for any of the above events or for any event in the new season, that they buy a cancellation policy as the tournament organiser may be forced to cancel the event due to COVID-19. In the event that a sanctioned event is cancelled, all entry fees will be fully refunded and players will be notified by the tournament organiser.
All sanctioned events will be subject to approval from Badminton Ireland based on COVID-19 protocols. If an event can't meet these requirements, the event will be unsanctioned.