Do you want to gain first-hand experience in an Olympic sports management? Do you have a passion for sport?
If you are interested, please send us a brief covering letter, with your CV, outlining your experience, why you want to work with us and your dates of availability.
Following a successful 2021 Olympic Games, Badminton Ireland is delighted to announce a six-month sports management internship. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant sporting organisation with an Olympic focus. Our Internship scheme provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career within sports management and gain valuable work experience in a challenging and rewarding Olympic sporting environment, providing a great stepping stone!
Badminton Ireland works with its stakeholders across the country to increase participation, improve the quality of the sporting experience for participants. In 2021 we launched a new Membership system and as we exit COVID 19, we are working with Sport Ireland as part of the LETS GET BACK campaign to re-establish our Sport. This is an exciting learning opportunity for anyone interested in Sports Management.
We are looking for a key individual to work across the organisation and assist Membership team and Events team.
REPORTS TO: Membership Officer JOB BASED: Dublin, Ireland / Remote
• Assist in managing and developing the organisation’s membership system
• Assist with servicing the organisation’s membership base
• Assist with event organisation and management
• Assist with club development programmes
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and over the phone
• Flexibility and desire to take on any task to ‘make it happen’
• Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
• The ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Passion for sport
• Excellent written English skills
• Can do attitude
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is the 29th October 2021.