Active Workforce is a term used by companies and health specialists to encourage employers and employees to introduce and or to take up a physical activity within the workplace to promote and sustain a healthy workforce.
According to the Irish Heart Foundation’s research, in a press release in 2013 they found that ‘promoting an Active Workforce has the potential to reduce sick days by as much as 27% and drive absenteeism down by 20%.’ They also noted that absenteeism costs Irish Businesses €1.5bn per annum.
A member of the Badminton Ireland Team will come to your workplace and make a presentation showing the benefits of introducing badminton into the workplace. We will also give you information, Badminton Ireland resources and support to help launch badminton in your company.
Here are just a few good reasons to introduce badminton to your workplace,
- Badminton is the fastest racket sport in the world with the fastest smash recorded at 421kph!
- More than 100,000 people playing badminton regularly in Ireland
- Badminton is a non-contact sport
- All inclusive sport, people of abilities can play badminton
- One of few sports where men and women play together
- People can play socially or enter a team in a league
Badminton is a ‘sport for Life’ and can be played by all ages, all sections of society and is good for physical and mental health.
Our overall aim is to get players, old and new taking up badminton in the workplace whether it’s just for fun or to compete in the local leagues. We want people to experience the enjoyment and comradery of the game while staying fit and healthy.
For more information or to book a visit contact: email@example.com