The coach licencing scheme provides coaches with insurance and ensures they are meeting proper legal requirements in terms of garda vetting, child protection, and professional qualifications.
- Professional indemnity insurance up to €1m*
- Reduced cost for Member's Forum and CPD Courses.
- Free access to Teicnic Badminton.
- Opportunities to gain paid coaching work.
- Optional inclusion in the Coaches Directory.
- Free update courses to the latest qualifications.
*In addition to 5 million public liability for affiliation.
Cost & Application
A year's subscription costs €50. Coaches must renew every 12 months in line with affiliations.
Please note to be fully registered/listed on the licence the following requirements MUST be met:
- Completed application form (Click here to download an application form).
- Payment of €50 made (www.badmintoireland.net/paypal).
- Affiliated Badminton Ireland member.
- Copy of most recent Level 1 or higher Child Protection Course sent in (Can be sent to email@example.com).
- Active Garda Vetting through Badminton Ireland (Click here for Garda Vetting Information).
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Courses
Going Into the 2016/2017 season 30 CPD points per year will be required to remain a registered coach. The CPD award system will be launched during the 2016 coaches conference. The following courses count for CPD points:
- BI/Branch Support
- The Teicnic programme
- BI Coach Education Qualifications
- Irish Sports Council/Sport NI coach development courses
- Relevant FETAC Courses/LSP Courses
- First Aid
- Practical coaching hours with a squad or club
What is FETAC?