The coach licencing scheme provides coaches with insurance and ensures they are meeting proper legal requirements in terms of garda vetting, child protection, and professional qualifications.
- Professional indemnity insurance up to €1m*
- Reduced cost for Member's Forum and CPD Courses
- Free access to Teicnic Badminton
- Opportunities to gain paid coaching work
- Optional inclusion in the Coaches Directory on the BI Mobile App
- Free update courses to the latest qualifications
*In addition to 5 million public liability for affiliation.
Cost & Application
A year's subscription costs €50. Coaches must renew every 12 months in line with affiliations.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Courses
Going Into the 2016/2017 season 30 CPD points per year will be required to remain a registered coach. The CPD award system will be launched during the 2016 coaches conference. The following courses count for CPD points:
- BI/Branch Support
- FREE access to Teicnic programme
- BI Coach Education Qualifications
- Irish Sports Council/Sport NI coach development courses
- Relevant FETAC Courses/LSP Courses
- First Aid
- Practical coaching hours with a squad or club
What is FETAC?