High Performance Center
The Badminton Ireland High Performance Centre is based at Marino Institute of Education (M.I.E.), where the trustees are the prestigious Trinity College Dublin.
Irelands Olympians train daily under the guidance of National coach Dan Magee along with Badminton Irelands High Performance ‘Talent Group’ and various Junior National team camps.
M.I.E. is also the central location for the Badminton Ireland Academy which offers a professional training environment to players of all abilities.
The centre was given the seal of approval by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) as it was the official location for the pre-London 2012 Olympics preparation camp with ten nations and fifteen Olympic badminton players in attendance. The centre is also a qualified Badminton Europe training centre, certifying it as a centre of excellence for world-class players. Foreign players wishing to train at the centre please contact the Badminton Ireland National Coach for more information on scholarships available.
The centre benefits from:
- Daily training on four sprung wood courts.
- Dedicated badminton ’hover courts’ to ensure a high level environment.
- Under floor heating to ensure all year training in a comfortable environment.
- Weight conditioning room.
- Onsite accommodation for up to 80 players.
- Healthy eating catering.
- Onsite education and scholarships for elite badminton players.
Irish players training at the centre benefit from support at the Irish institute of Sport for all support service provisions.
To train at the National training centre in M.I.E. please contact HP@badmintonireland.com.