17 November 2017
Update 17 November 2017
Please find attached the link to the list of Members for the 2017/18 season. https://badmintonireland.visualclubweb.nl/admin/page.aspx?id=33247
** Reminder to all Clubs that have yet to affiliate their club or members, the 2016/17 season ends on the 30/11/17 and therefore if you are not registered in advance of that date you are not insured to play.
Following on from my initial Membership Update at the start of the season, I would like to update you all with some key points to note as we progress through the 2017/18 season:
1 - To date, 272 amount of clubs have re-affiliated with a further 143 left to do so, Clubs not already affiliated will have to pay €50 in club fees compared with €25 paid by clubs that affiliated in October. Further to this, I am pleased to report that 56% of the membership has affiliated online, so far affiliation online is the fastest and most secure option for clubs, resulting in immediate affiliation and insurance cover without any waiting time. The average wait time of clubs submitting their affiliation via post is five working days.
2 - There are several critical dates that members and club secretaries need to be aware of going forward:
- Nov 26th - Deadline for receiving paper affiliations/cheques from clubs who wish to avoid any lapse in Insurance cover, Online affiliations* have until the November 30th deadline (For offline affiliations we can not guarantee you will have continuous cover due to the volume of manual input)
- Nov 30th - The previous season's insurance expires and all unaffiliated members will no longer have coverage.
- Dec 11th - Deadline for receiving papers affiliations/cheques from clubs who wish to be affiliated before the end of the year. Online affiliations* have until the December 31st.
- Dec 22nd - Badminton Ireland offices close for Christmas Holidays. Only Online affiliations* can be processed during this time.
- Jan 02nd - Badminton Ireland offices reopen.
- Jan 08th - Deadline for receiving papers affiliations/cheques from clubs who wish to be affiliated before the January 15th deadline. All members not affiliated before this date will be ineligible to play in All Ireland events such as the Inter-Counties and Inter-Leagues. Online affiliations should be completed by Jan 14th to ensure eligibility. This is a hardcoded deadline without any exception
- Jan 15th - No members affiliated after this deadline can enter All Ireland Events.
* Online affiliation refers to affiliations fully completed online, affiliations partially completed and paid for via cheque are required to follow the deadlines set out for paper affiliations.
3 - Safeguarding update for clubs.
All clubs with at least 1 or more juveniles or vulnerable persons MUST have a nominated responsible adult as their safeguarding officer. The safeguarding officer MUST be Garda vetted and attended or plan to attend at a minimum a Safeguarding Course 1. Certs are then required by BI as a record to be held in our offices. This is a mandatory requirement for all sports and failure to comply will lead to a block on clubs allowing juveniles play in the future.